- HUVR Users: individuals who request or receive services from the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services, including those who receive services requested by another individual
- HUVR Walkers: individuals who provide services to HUVR Users individually or through partner companies
Amendments to this Policy will be posted on the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services and will be effective when posted. Your continued use of any of the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services following the posting of any amendment will constitute your acceptance of that amendment. If you do not agree and consent, discontinue the use of the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact HUVR as provided in Section 21.
1. DATA CONTROLLER
- Your data controller is HUVR Inc., to the extent that it is processing your personal data.
- You can contact your data controller by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at . You can also contact the data controller by writing to:
130 E. Kiowa Street, #201
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person or household. Personal Information includes, without limitation, the following if it identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person or household:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, physical address, hometown, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, device ID or other similar identifiers;
- Data from device settings such as information you allow HUVR to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your camera or photos;
- Information such as signature, physical characteristics or description, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, or financial information;
- Age and date of birth;
- Images, photos and videos;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable law;
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including without limitation, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet web site, application, or advertisement;
- Geolocation data, precise location;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99); and
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a person reflecting the person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Diagnostics such as crash data and performance data;
“Personal Information” does not include publicly available information. “Publicly available” means information that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records, or any conditions associated with such information. In addition, to the extent that any Personal Information is “de-identified,” it will be treated as non-Personal Information, and we may use it without obligation to you, except as prohibited by applicable law.
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us. We collect Personal Information you provide directly to us via the Sites, the HUVR Platform or through the Services. For example, Personal Information is collected when you use or register at the Sites or the HUVR Platform, subscribe to any notifications, post on the Sites or the HUVR Platform, use the Services, participate in promotional activities, apply for a job, communicate with us through the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services, or use any other services.
Information Collected from Other Sources. We collect information about you from third parties, including without limitation, publicly available sources and other third parties. We also collect information when you interact with HUVR through various media, including without limitation, social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
4. USE OF INFORMATION
To Provide Services You Request. If you provide information for a certain reason, we may use the information in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For example, if you contact us by email, we may use the information you provide to answer any questions or resolve any problems. Also, if you provide information about yourself, or have provided (or otherwise permitted the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services to access) any third party data, we will use your information and any such third party data to provide you with access to such services and to monitor your use of such services.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain Our Business. We may use Personal Information to further HUVR’s legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of affected individuals.
To Communicate Information about Our Goods and Services and for Other Promotional Purposes. We may use the information we collect through the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services to help us in providing support services, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analyzing data and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services, to personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services, and to understand how users interact with and use the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services, to associate your activities, customize content or tailor advertising across different devices and browsers that you use to access the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services (for example, computers, tablets, mobile devices, applications and websites), to comply with state, local, federal or international laws, to enforce our Terms of Service and this Policy, as otherwise described in this Policy, or in assisting with other tasks from time to time. Please note that we may combine information that we collect from you and about you (including automatically-collected information) with information we obtain about you from our affiliates and/or non-affiliated third parties and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
To Contact You about the Sites, the HUVR Platform the Services or HUVR Products and Services. We may use data collected through the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services to send communications relating to HUVR products and services, in accordance with applicable laws.
To Ensure Safety and Security. We may use Personal Information to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services, as well as our users. This includes, without limitation, (i) screening users and HUVR Walkers before enabling their use of the Services and at subsequent intervals, including thorough reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of the Services by unsafe HUVR Walkers and/or users; (ii) using data from HUVR Walkers’ devices to help identify unsafe behavior and to inform them of safer practices; (iii) using device, location, profile, usage and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities; and (iv) using ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our guidelines and as grounds for deactivating HUVR Walkers with low ratings or who otherwise violated such guidelines.
If you access the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services through a mobile device, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services by SMS, MMS, text messages, or other electronic means to your mobile device. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your HUVR account information to ensure that your messages are not misdirected. Please note that your wireless service provider’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply where you access the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services through a mobile device. In addition, downloading, installing, or using any of the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services on a mobile device may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services may work with all carriers or devices.
5. LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on the following legal bases to use your Personal Information:
- Where needed to fulfill our contract with you or to enter into a contract with you on your request, such as:
- assessing any application for any of HUVR’s products or services;
- managing the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services or a request for or purchase of any products or services; and
- sharing your Personal Information with our service providers when you purchase a product or service to help manage such product or service.
- Where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, such as:
- managing the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services, and updating your records;
- to perform and/or test the performance of any of the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services, and internal processes;
- to follow guidance of governmental and regulatory bodies;
- for management and audit of our business operations, including accounting;
- to carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff;
- to administer our good governance requirements, such as internal reporting and compliance obligations or administration required for our processes;
- for market research and analysis and developing statistics;
- for direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and services;
- subject to appropriate controls, to provide insight and analysis of our users to business partners either as part of providing the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services, helping us improve the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our business;
- for some of our profiling and other automated decision making; and
- where we need to share your Personal Information with people or organizations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations.
- With your consent, we may use your Personal Information in other ways, including without limitation:
- for some direct marketing communications; and
- for some of our profiling and other automated decision making.
6. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
HUVR may share your Personal Information with:
- HUVR entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above;
- Service providers processing your Personal Information for business purposes on HUVR’s behalf, such as for specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, suppression list management and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your Personal Information to help us provide HUVR products and services and not for any other purpose;
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also share your information in connection with a substantial business transaction, such as the sale of HUVR, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We do not sell your Personal Information.
7. DATA RETENTION
In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to operate our business. We will retain and use your information as required by applicable laws and regulations and HUVR’s detection and prevention of fraud.
8. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use a variety of technical, administrative, and organizational security measures, including without limitation, encryption and authentication tools in certain circumstances, to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. Despite our efforts, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You can help keep your information safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
9. CHOICE AND OPT-OUT
We provide you with a choice whether to receive certain e-mails. We provide you the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your Personal Information used for certain purposes. If you are a user of the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services and you no longer wish to receive e-mail, mail, or telephone calls from us or have your e-mail address or postal address shared with third parties, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail, mail, or telephone calls from us or having your e-mail address or postal address shared with third parties. All opt-out requests can be made by emailing us at email@example.com, or writing us at:
130 E. Kiowa Street, #201
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
10. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Where possible, the HUVR server automatically recognizes each visitor’s IP address. We also collect information about how visitors use the Sites (for example, what pages are viewed), the HUVR Platform and the Services. This information allows us to improve the content of the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services and facilitate market research.
11. COOKIES, WEB BEACONS, AND PIXEL TAGS
When you interact with the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies, web beacons and pixel tags to collect information about your use of the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services; for example, to record session information, such as items that users viewed, and to save certain information about users of the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services and others who visit the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services, in order to facilitate and enhance interaction with the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services.
Some advertising and technology partners may also collect Personal Information when you use the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services. These partners have committed to act as service providers on HUVR’s behalf and have committed to only use the Personal Information for HUVR’s purposes as described in this Policy.
A cookie does not collect or keep your name or other Personal Information; however, we may link the information obtained through cookies to other Personal Information to give us a better understanding of your preferences, so that we can provide a more meaningful experience to you on the Sites, the HUVR Platform or through the Services. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services.
Most web and mobile devices automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You may consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services.
12. OTHER WEBSITES; LINKS
Certain websites of HUVR’s affiliates, promotional partners, advertisers, sponsors, and other third party websites are accessible through the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services. These third party websites have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. HUVR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS OR PRIVACY POLICIES OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES. YOU SHOULD CHECK THE APPLICABLE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THOSE THIRD PARTIES WHEN PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH LINKED WEBSITES.
13. THIRD PARTIES
In addition to the specific third parties noted in this Policy, HUVR may also contract with other third parties to provide various services to HUVR relating to the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services on an outsourced basis rather than performing the services itself. By visiting the Sites or the HUVR Platform or using the Services, all visitors consent to HUVR providing both Personal Information and non-Personal Information received from those visitors to these third party providers for the purpose of enabling the third party provider to provide these outsourced services to HUVR. In addition, all visitors consent to the collection, maintenance, and processing of their Personal Information and non-Personal Information by HUVR and these third party providers.
14. YOUR RIGHTS
Some users (in particular, European Union users) have certain legal rights to obtain information about whether we hold Personal Information about them, to access Personal Information we hold about them, and obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. Some of these rights may be subject to exceptions or limitations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time. Not all rights are available to all users. Rights to which you may be entitled include:
- Data access rights;
- Right to restrict;
- Right of rectification;
- Right to erasure;
- Right to object to processing;
- Right to withdraw consent; and
- Data portability rights.
16. TRANSFER OF DATA INTERNATIONALLY
HUVR is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in the country to which your information is transferred may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services, or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
17. JOB APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
We collect information you provide to us in applying for a job or completing the employee onboarding process. Personal Information we collect during these processes includes, without limitation, name, address, phone number, Social Security Number, sex, marital status, dependent information and employment-related information. This may include criminal records (where permitted by law) and right to work information. This information may be collected by an authorized service provider on HUVR’s behalf.
We use the Personal Information described above only for the purpose of evaluating job applicants and administering the employment relationship, including without limitation, payroll and benefits information. We share Personal Information with service providers for the limited purpose of administering these services. We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share this Personal Information.
18. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, you may have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”). Below is a general description of rights under the CCPA. These rights may not apply under all circumstances or to all categories of Personal Information.
- The right to know what Personal Information is being collected and shared, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The right to have Personal Information deleted; provided, however, that we may not be required to comply with a request to delete Personal Information if it is necessary to maintain the Personal Information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a product or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, exercise the right of another person to exercise his, her or its right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with applicable law;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent;
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based upon your relationship with us; or
- Otherwise use the Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the Personal Information.
- The right to opt out of the sale of Personal Information; provided, however, that “sale” shall not include when:
- A person uses or directs us to intentionally disclose Personal Information or uses us to intentionally interact with a third party, provided the third party does not also sell the Personal Information, unless that disclosure would be consistent with applicable law;
- We use or share an identifier for a person who has opted out of the sale of their Personal Information for the purposes of alerting third parties that such person has opted out of the sale of the person’s Personal Information;
- We use or share with a service provider Personal Information necessary to perform a business purpose; or
- We transfer to a third party the Personal Information of a person as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you may contact us as set forth in Section 21. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. For example, we will not:
- Deny you any goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you with a different level or equality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
19. REVOCATION OF CONSENT
You also have the right to revoke your given consent regarding the use and sharing of your Personal Information. It is important to note that in some cases, such request may not be immediately or fully executed because it is possible that we have a legal obligation to keep using your Personal Information. Also, you must consider that, for certain purposes, the revocation of consent means that we cannot continue providing the Sites, the HUVR Platform or the Services to you. You can revoke your consent at any time by contacting us as set forth in Section 21.
This Policy is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any disputes, controversies, and claims arising under, in connection with, or out of this Policy shall lie exclusively with the state courts located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, or the federal courts located in Denver, Colorado. If any provision of this Policy is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Policy, which shall remain in full force and effect. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL HUVR HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS POLICY, HOWEVER OCCASIONED.
21. CONTACTING HUVR
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this Policy or the information practices of the Sites, the HUVR Platform and the Services. You may contact us as follows:
Phone: E-mail: privacy@HUVR.com
130 E. Kiowa Street #201
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat users’ Personal Information, we will notify you through a notice on the Sites or the HUVR Platform. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting the Sites, the HUVR Platform and this Policy to check for any changes.